Sean,

Its quite refreshing to the CEO being so supportive and open with those
seeking to modify his product.

So you've gots to get an external powersupply that provides regulated
5vDC and 14vDC. (or that 14vDC could be changed to a charger for a 12v
SLA, assuming the dropout voltage of the 2 linear regulators it would
feed [to the analog circuitry] allows it. You've got to cut a trace to
route your 14vDC in, and void the SB warranty....

So you need a multibobbin power transformer, not a toroid, bridge(s)
[and doubler depending on transformers secondary], ic or discrete
regulators and caps.... As you're using a proper transformer with low
capacitve leakage and limited bandwidth, you might as well front that
with a single small balancing transformer and appropriate capacitive
filtering between, and drop the noise going in, and out.

Obviously this hack isn't going to come with UL certification so you
need a grounded mains plug, and inevitably we've line noise and
grounding issues. I'm a great believer in brute force filtering and
symmetrical power for both analog and digital circuitry, as long as you
can source inexpensively enough. Which is the sole advantage of the diy
community. We can buy surplus crap.

Suggestions?
What are the 3 pin linear regulators feeding the DAC and opamps?
Is the output NJM2041m running single rail with the output
electrolytics biased @ +4.5vDC?

Many thanks in advance,
Paul

--