Andrew L.Weekes wrote:
I've also re-configured the output stage from a single-pole filter to a
2-pole Bessel, to try and help reduce the supersonic stuff at the output
further, but I'd like to see more suppression - running a sweep on the
SB2 you can see the aliasing products from the supersonic output
folding back on the analyser - a Bessel was chosen as it has the best
transient performance, but this is at the expense of ultimate
attenuation, I'd need more poles ideally, which is impractical as-is.

TI recommend a 2-pole Butterworth, but I'm far from convinced this is
adequate, given the performance of the DAC's own internal analogue
filter.

Andy,

I'm interested in your work in this area.

I have a a couple of ART DI/O DACs, one of which I have been planning to modify using several of your super-regs.

As part of the modification, I'm essentially going to throw away everything but the digital boards and so need to build an output stage, including the filter.

Have you got any references/links for output stage design?

Thanks,

R.