Andrew L. Weekes Wrote:
> Out of curiosity, where is the jitter measurement being made, is it
> demodulated at the analogue output?
>
> Just based on my quick calc's, in a 20k bandwidth, 3.5ns would equate
> with only 67dB dynamic range, which I'm sure isn't the case, 1nS would
> only be around 78dB.
>
> I wonder if the analyser's jitter is also wrapped up in that
> measurement somehow?
>
> Are you having fun learning the new toy anyway :-)
>
> Andy.

That's a pk-pk measurement and really says nothing about the
distribution or the spectrum of the jitter. I'm only considering it
useful as a rough relative measure for quickly comparing different
setups.

The dscope manual describes in not much detail what the hardware is
doing (page 155):

http://www.prismsound.com/downloads/dS3_Operation_Manual_A4nc.pdf

You can see the demodulated jitter content in the audio band in the FFT
view - it is basically flat, and you can see the level drop slightly
with the linear PS. I don't have a lot of time at the moment to do more
tests but when I have more data I will post it.

--
seanadams