On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 17:24 -0700, gdg wrote:
> I read from someone over at AudioAsylum that, while in a perfect world
> FLAC is 100% accurate, in reality one runs a <b>very</b> slight risk of
> audio degradation in the "uncompressing" process.

This tells me that one shouldn't bother to read AudioAsylum.

Lossless means that the data is preserved.

It is trivial to test that a lossless process is correct,
compress and uncompress and then bit compare.

Similarly, if you hear that Lossless WMA is different (more or less
accurate ) from lossless AAC is different from MLP is different from
flac, it is pure BS. The speeds, DRMs, platforms supported, etc.
are different, but being lossless is like being pregant.
You are or you are not. There are no degrees.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html