Cool -

A good while ago I read quite a bit about Optical vs Coax, and coax
seemed to come out on top, hence I went down the route of audio testing
various coax cables at home - But I have since forgoten what on earth I
had read many moons ago.

- Is "light" bothered if it travels down a cheap cable or expensive one
? (I will see if I can borrow one if they are going to be expensive just
for testing)

Sorry Pat, is A/B short for blind testing?
In case it is ... No, I did not do a blind test I just used my
usual playlist for sound testing, sat back shut eyes concentrated on
each track with each different set of cables. But, I do feel it is a
bit unfair comparing a £180 digital cable to a couple of £30
interconnects.  It is in the plan to get a decent interconnect which
should make the tests fairer.

Good Point - This conversion thing at the Slimserver end which may be
kicking out the MP3 blurb - is this in the Server Settings File Types
Section?
I have looked here before and forgive me but I have not understood it
yet.  There are alot of ticked items down the left hand side including
:
Flac     Flac    (Built in)
Flac     Wav      Flac
and
MP3      MP3     (Built in)
I guessed that as my input file is flac, Slimserver would use one if
the ticked Flac options....

In the mean time I will see if I can sort a long optical cable of some
discription.

--
Deaf Cat