Oh, the thing is this: I actually have a very -- very -- revealing
system, based around Harbeth Monitor 40s.  Personally, I think SB3 is
just terrific for casual listening, and I can see how a change in DAC
with lesser components might not make much of the difference.  But who
knows.

I have a new Lavry DAC - which, unlike benchmark, re-clocks incoming
signal -- and I'm curious to see what the difference will be.  I do
know that, with a CD player, the difference is night and day.

Of course, the cost/benefit curve is rather steep...

--
highdudgeon