sfraser Wrote:
> Hi, I am new to the SB2 SS products but have been storing wav files on
> hardrives for years. Quick qustion, I see alot of people like using EAC
> product for ripping CD's. What are your opinions regarding file/sound
> quality of using a product like Musicmatch to rip CD's in WAV format VS
> EAC in unsecure mode? I will assume as long as there are no bit errors
> in the ripping process the files will be identical and therefore sound
> the same?
> Scott

I don't imagine anyone has ever bothered doing benchmarks of ripping
accuracy between MusicMatch and Unsecure EAC. The whole point of EAC is
the secure mode.

Basically, if you don't care about quality (or your CD's are in perfect
condition), use whatever you like.

If you want perfect quality (especially if your CD's are scratched),
then use EAC in secure mode.

That's all there is to it.

--
clumsyoik