highdudgeon Wrote:
> Okay, flat-out, here's the question/problem:
>
> I stupidly "upgraded" to iTunes 6.  Then, I bought my SB3.  Then, I
> find I can no longer strip DRM.
>
> Anyone know of  a work-around?

For any future purchases, you can downgrade to iTunes 5 or older and
create a new iTunes account.

This won't help you removing DRM with music already bought using iTunes
6 (see suggestion to burn CD and re-rip...) but JHymn will still work
with purchases using iTunes 5 and older.

You need a new account as the iTunes music store remembers you have
bought stuff using iTunes 6 and won't let you buy anything using
earlier versions.  The new account can have all the same information as
the older account - you just need a different email address.

I'm not sure where you can find downloads of older versions of iTunes -
I got mine from an iPod CD.

--
mikerob