While I agree that FLAC encoding  via EAC is a great way to go in
regards to saving disk space, and sound quality etc. One thing you
should ask yourself. Is Slimserver/Squeezebox the only thing you  will
use to listen to your  music collection stored on your hard drive(s)?
If you plan on using other application's, computers (HTPC) etc., make
sure your other favorite applications support FLAC, or have a FLAC
plugin available. In my case I use Musicmatch and Mixmiester, neither
support FLAC (as far as I know), but do have other features and
benifits  that I enjoy, therefore WAV/EAC  was the lossless choice for
me.

Scott

--
sfraser