edwin2005 Wrote:
> Hm, i'm a bit of a newbie on linux (but do know my way around in dos).
> Currently running an RH8 box on which i was able to get samba and
> slimserver running. So if you're willing to give some explanation
> together with the script (like how to run) then i would like to give it
> a try. Haven't found any windhoos appl. yet to do this.

I've attached my script.  Please see the comments I inserted at the top
of the source for information about how it works, etc.  You'll probably
have to make a few changes.  The philosophy of this is that it mirrors
the structure of the FLAC dir in the MP3 dir, but it assumes some
things (like no spaces or special unix characters in filenames, etc.).
BTW, I have another script that will convert your whole tree to valid
filename characters if you are interested.  I always recommend checking
the box that converts spaces and other characters to "_" when ripping
and encoding too.  Makes life so much easier in Unixland!

(Note that attachment is ".py.txt".  Just rename it, removing the
".txt")

|Filename: flacs2mp3s.py.txt                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=534|

LavaJoe