Patrick Dixon Wrote:
> That's exactly what I thought - which is why we have done this
> http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2.htm

I've just (tonight) finished adding an open frame linear PSU to my
rehoused SB2. I chose a 3A supply with low noise and ripple from RS
components in the UK and it cost around £40 - 3A was the lowest
available, but what the heck, go for over-specification! Because I put
the SB2 in a roomy new metal case I could accomodate quite a big PSU.

I have to say that even to an old audio sceptic like me the difference
is night and day. Even though it's feeding a Musical Fidelity DAC, the
music is more dynamic, the soundstage bigger and the clarity improved
no end - I hear stuff at lower volumes that I couldn't hear before.

I wouldn't credit it from a PSU change, but it's really there because I
can switch between PSU's since I've left access to the old PSU, and the
change is quite clear.

Moral, change your PSU to a good linear one!

Paul

--
CardinalFang