Listener Wrote:

> Some questions to ask about a replacement supply:
>
> - Does the transformer hum?
>
> - What is the level of ripple and other noise on the 5V output?
>
> - How reliable is this power supply?  How good is the quality control?
>
> - Has anyone actually tested the replacement power supply to see how it
> performs.  Has anyone tested a SB with the standard power supply against
> the replacement power supply?  (I mean something more rigorous than just
> listening before and after the change and "hearing" a big difference.)
>
> Bill

No experience of the $7 PSU but it is of any help as regards the PSU I
am using, and in answer to your questions:

No it does not hum

+/- 3mv ripple

Quality is very high. Spec sheet available here:
http://tinyurl.com/98rvz
Seems to have all the right credentials!

Not got access to an ocilloscope but if anyone has maybe they can at
least put the wall wart on and publish the results. Having to use my
ears instead!

It is very easy to sit back and carp about 'hi-fi tweaks' so how about
adding to the forum knowledge base by getting out there, buying a PSU
and testing it yourself and reporting back?

David

--
Heuer