PhilNYC Wrote:
> I even wrote a few paragraphs about it in a recent newsletter (with
> about 200 audiophiles on the distribution list).

Yeah, the idea that dealers wouldn't carry the Squeezebox because of
it's low cost is absurd.

Most high end dealers rake it in on installations, which Squeezeboxes
do require. You could still push transports on the Internet.

There may be more warranty issues with transports for a dealer to
consider.

Most audiophile types, if saving money by not buying a transport, would
buy a better DAC. Margin remains the same.

The dealer looks 'the good guy' by not only 'saving' the customer
money, but by introducing this tremendous convenience into their lives.

"They don't have to flip through a bunch of CD's"

--
Skunk