tyler_durden Wrote:

> Those who don't believe will not be convinced and those who do will
> remain convinced.  Though some people try, few manage to overcome their
> egos and see the folly in their previously held beliefs.  The majority,
> confident in the absolute rightness of their beliefs, revel in their
> ignorance.  So it is and so it will be until humanity's ignorance
> ultimately leads to the end of humanity.

I'll make one more comment on this topic.  I am very open-minded about
tweaks for audio systems/components, and have done tests (blind and not
blind) on everything from using green magic-marker on a CD to
loudspeaker shootouts.  There are (1) some things (eg. green
magic-markers) where I hear zero difference or think I hear only a
minor difference, (2) some things (eg. vibration control items like
cones, platforms, etc) where I can hear a difference in a direct A/B
comparison but probably couldn't tell the difference if I just walked
into my listening room and started listening.  And then there are (3)
some things which are just plain obvious...different amp, different
CDP, different speakers.  In many cases for me, power cords fall into
either (2) or (3) (not on amps, but on digital sources in
particular)...and in many cases, definitely (3)

I don't think the placebo effect is selective...If changing a power
cord made zero difference, my reaction to it would be akin to the
catagory (1)...not sure if I heard something different (and certainly
not worth spending a lot of money on).  Power cords on digital sources
have made the difference to me of a system being nearly "unlistenable"
(because of sibilance and harshness) to "enjoyable".

Once again, I'm more than happy to host a blind listening test (however
anyone wants it run...16x, etc)...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.