Thanks for the reply. I would prefer leaving the headphone stage in
tact, as my amp doesn't has a headphone-out. If I would leave the
output stage in tact, but simply cut off the phono plugs, and take them
directly to the DAC (with caps in between ofcorse) would I still have a
major improvement? instead of grouding pin 9, i could use it for ground
for the audio, which is in the specs for the pcm1748. The audio wouldn't
pass the opamp anymore, but would it still influence the signal? since I
also take ground away from it?  any thoughts on this?

--
Heimiko