I wouldn't have thought it was worth risking it.
Not withstanding M3Rocket's comment, the Squeezebox smps wall-wart is
rated at 2Amps (10VA), but the CPC 1.5Amp (7.5VA) linear supply works
well with the three players I know of. In comparison with the 1Amp
(5VA) Power Pax, the size and weight of the CPC unit is substantial,
and it's too large and heavy to use as a wall-wart if it had been
constructed like that.  This suggests to me that the Power Pax
transformer may be a tad undersized and working at the limits of its
spec, if needs to supply 1Amp continuously to the player(?)
YMMV

--
afblaster