I am convined as I have tried it!

My SB3 feeds through a $100,000 hi-fi system and the move to a linear
PSU was very revealing. Made a significant change to the sound (for the
better) and continued to improve as the PSU 'burned in' (and no, I did't
want to believe it either). Standard supply with a high end DAC (Audio
Synthesis DAX Discrete) was the same as linear supply and analogue out.
Add the two together, with lossless encoding (Apple) the sound is on par
with my Theta CD. Still miles off vinyl but very listenable.

May be different result in other setups but the change is well worth
the $80 invested in the PSU.

Look at the tests Sean Adams did on the stock PSU and you will see a
spike on the graph which is the switching frequency of the supply. I
know Sean reckons it external noise but I beg to differ!

--
Heuer