Eminent Audiophiles,
I have been having perfect performance from SQB for two months since
new, but tonight I noticed some very short ticks coming out of the
speakers, different pan location each time. They are like vinyl noise,
but happen only once every 5 minutes or so, random intervals, full
frequency sound, it is like a 1ms snap. Happens on both wav and flac
files, I've listened to them before, there are no ticks on the files.
Rewinding to replay same passage gives no tick. 2 different CDs, same
thing. Seems like playback equipment static electricity issue.

It is cold dry (<30% humidity) weather hear in NC, and I get a good
static shock when I touch the amp chassis, but that doesn't cause an
amplified snap sound in the speakers like I am hearing randomly even
when I am sitting 10 feet from the system.

I use a Cary integrated tube amp plugged straight into the wall on
dedicated 20A circuit, which has confirmed good ground and is dead
quiet other than the snap.

SQB is using external upgrade linear PS with 3 prong plug into good
grounded 15 amp outlet on surge strip. No problems with the new PS for
the 2 weeks previous since I installed it.

Any advice, comments, guesses, wise cracks, etc. are appreciated.
Rich

--
richidoo