jonheal Wrote:
> How about giving up and going back to iTunes.
>
> It seems that you are looking for a sound that is emphasized at certain
> points across the spectrum. Sorry, but unequalized, the SqueezeBox just
> ain't gonna do it for you. It's built to be flat. If you're not willing
> to add an equalizer, I'm afraid there's not much anyone can do for you.
>
> Cut your losses, sell it on eBay. You'll get a taker.

I would not go that far.  But I agree that these "purist" approaches
are not going to get what you want.  I think your listening orientation
tends towards the bright "hi fi" sound.  You may be better off to get
some big mass market type speakers that gives you lots of highs and
lows, and not worry about all these accuracy issue.  it could just be
that the more accurate it gets, the less you'll like.

And there really isnt anything wrong with that approach either.  My
friend listens to a lot of music, but whenever he listens to a high end
system, he always says not enough bass, not enough treble.....  And he
absolutely adores B&O and Bose.  He is a very good friend of mine, but
our musical and listening tastes are just different.

--
agentsmith