Here is my Headphone system, that I use for critical listening

1.      Dezorel Power Conditioner:
•       Linear power supply to SB3
•       Audience Powerchords to Resolution Audio- Opus 21 CD/DAC
•       Audience Powerchords to Stax 4040 Headphones.

2.      SB3 Wireless > Digital output > Audio Magic Digital interconnect >
Resolution Audio- Opus 21 CD/DAC ( Digital Input)

3.      Resolution Audio- Opus 21 CD/DAC > Alpha Core- Goertz AG Quartz
Triode Interconnect > STAX SR-404 Signature Earspeakers with SRM-006t
Driver.

4.      Extras-  Pods under STAX.     ERS sheets between the STAX &
Resolution Audio- Opus 21 CD/DAC.

Notes on the use of the Resolution Audio- Opus 21 CD/DAC

The Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD Player is extreemly versatile, as it is
not only a great sounding CD player  but provides an external digital
input, which allows it’s DAC’s to be used as an outboard d/a
converter.
If you are using an external music source such as a SB2 or SB3, or
DVD’s, it is recommend connecting the digital output to the Opus 21.
This allows you to play your music streams through the Opus 21's
superior DAC circuitry.

I know that my  system is expensive , but it allows me to check if
there are  any weak links in the “Sound Chain”, by adding the SB3, the
quality is not diminished compared to using a “ conventional”  high end
CD player.

--
Frankie Boy