Pale Blue Ego Wrote:
> Don't you realize that by using the higher-bandwidth WAV files, you are
> putting added stress on the ethernet, dulling the highs and veiling the
> critical midrange?
Hi Pale Blue,
Wired 10Mbps ethernet (slowest type, and what I use) doesn't even
breath hard streaming stereo wav.

The SQB buffers the incoming data from the slimserver so that even when
you shut down your slimserver, the SQB keeps playing normally for 20-30
seconds.

When the ethernet network is low on speed, as with wireless with low
signal strength, the buffer does often run dry, and you get dropouts of
silence, not any kind of altered sound quality as subtle as you
describe.
Rich

--
richidoo