Will be packing my laptop and an SB3 to go and audition the Chord DAC64
+ SB3 v SB3 this weekend. Will let you know what I find. I bought the
SB3 to replace a very dead cd player that most won't have heard of
(Restek Concret) as I like the idea of a music server very much. To put
things into perspective the player cost £2K about ten years ago and had
much better soundstaging, bass extension, sweet treble etc. etc. than
the SB3 does (using exactly the same amp, speakers, room etc.) All in
all I was very sad when the CD player expired (laser mech failure)
especially as the parts required to repair it are not available
anywhere.....That being said I am in no way disappointed with the SB3
as it does a lot more than the CD player does and has a nice sound for
the price.

I've heard some good things about the Chord DAC so will report back
next week.

Cheers,
Paul.

--