dwc Wrote:
>  I'm wondering if I need to use some of that CPU paste I have to make
> the heat transfer better.
>
> -Dan

Thanks Dan. I don't think on metal to metal it's *as* important as
silicon to metal. I took the heat sinks off the regulators on my PC
switching supply, and there's a pad between, to help transfer heat.
That being said I don't see how it could hurt either. Probably the
thermal paste at compUSA would work, but here I'm guessing again.

EDIT: You know, on second thought, the two screw holes you reference
are parallel to each other. As tight as you might get them, there is
still the possibility it's cocked very slightly against the side. The
thermal paste might help fill the gap there, and gaps in the metal
surface itself. Mine is bolted to the bottom, and the copper gets
pulled against the supply very tightly when the cover is screwed on.
While it seemed a very good connection at first, I'm thinking
microscopically it's not.

PS. does yours run warm or pretty cool?

--
Skunk