Cleve Wrote:
> Now, now.  You left out the part of my original post where I stated "Let
> me play Devil's Advocate".

My concern was not with the UI, or the industrial design or anything
else. I'm sure the McIntosh is very easy and convenient to use, and I
imagine it sounds pretty decent. My main objection was your assertion
that:

"the SB3 is $300 - and I'm using an old Gateway Athlon 650 as my
ripper/encoder with freeware doing the tasks. The MS300 couldn't
possibly make worse FLAC copies - in all likelyhood, superior."

That's where you're equating cost with quality, and it's utterly wrong.
Most of the best software I've ever used has been free, and much of the
worst very expensive. While it might be really easy to rip a CD on this
unit that's a worthless convenience if the resulting file sucks, and
they don't give you any way to verify it doesn't.

--
radish