Heuer Wrote:
> I have a $10k CD player and the SB3 (albeit with a linear PSU costing
> $80) sounds just as good when both are fed through the same external
> DAC. Result is the CD player is no longer used.
>
> Vinyl still sounds way better than either, obviously!

Heuer,
Have you compared the analog out from the SB3 versus the analog out
of the $10k CD player?

A bit of correction on my previous posts, the $1000 "Ultimate Power
Supply" is only one part of the equation. Bolder cable company will
also modified the analog (and Digital) output depending on which output
you're using. So the total cost of modification can be as high as
$1500.

I picked the cheaper route. I had my SB3 modified by Red wine audio,
costed me about $480 (incl. shipping) to modify the DAC, analog output
as well as battery power supply. I have not had the opportunities to
compare my modded SB3 to any $10k CD player so I cannot give any
feedback yet.

Here's a link to another forum where they compare the SB3 sound due to
different power supply:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=26627

I must emphasize that I have no affiliation with either companies and
I'm not trying to sell their products. With so much raves generated on
modifications, I thought spending $480 to find out the truth myself is
not too ridiculous..

Rgds
barry

--