Okay, I just ripped a track to WMA lossless, with the Volume Level
turned off (which is a player-mode setting, but what the heck..)

I then played it with WMA, and if I go, mid-song, and click on the Turn
on auto volume levelling, the song level changes instantly.  (Amusingly,
on this particular a track, from Sambas de Enredo 1990, has -lower-
volume when adjusted.  It sounds like poop.  But YMMV with different
source material.)

Again: that page tells you how to have WMP import things and figure out
gain adjustments in the process.  Not rip: import existing wma and mp3
files.  When it rips, it always adds the magic flags for level
adjustment.  You have the choice of changing whether the flags are
honored within WMP.  I have no idea if the flags are honored in
'wmadec' or even available as a choice in the API.

--
snarlydwarf