dwc Wrote:
> Yes Raja, I think the Constantine is unneeded with the XR55.  The signal
> will get re-converted back to digital again inside the XR to go into the
> amplification stage because the amp itself operates on a digital signal
> like a high-output DAC.  So the high-quality analog output of the
> Constantine is in a sense going to waste. Going straight from the SB's
> digital ouput into the XR55 should sound excellent.
>
> I wouldn't regret buying the Constantine though, maybe it's time to
> start a great headphone rig?  (I have the Renaissance and the Dialogue
> II and I really like both DAC's.)  You'll want the Constantine for
> pretty much any non-equibit amp.
>
> -Dan
Oh well, I'll give the Constantine a listen anyway and see what
happens. What are the audible differences between the Dialogue II and
the Renaissance? I was going to spring for one of the tube models but
the Constantine, which is the core of the Paradiso, uses the newer chip
and there was not a tube model available at the time. The price was very
reasonable. BTW how many days did it take for you to get delivery?

Raja

--
rajacat