JulieL Wrote:
> When I wanted to upgade the power supply, I couldn't find a UK
> recommendation. So I thought I'd let UK residents know that I've had
> very good results with a cheap switched mode power supply from Maplins,
> part code L45BL, 5V 4A SMPS, price £17.99.

Well, this is something of a new departure.  We've had lots of
discussion about using linear PSUs instead of the stock switched one -
complete with all the usual debate (I'm not taking sides, I'm just
interested).

But now we have a claim of better results with a different switched
mode supply.

Still not taking sides, still interested... but the previous arguments
for changing PSUs have, I thought, mainly revolved around avoiding the
noise that's generated by a switched unit?

Ceejay

--
ceejay