Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> No, you're not imagining things.  I deleted my post because I gave some
> obviously inaccurate information.
Mark, you might have been mistaken about the volume knob, but your
personal experiences with the SB can't be inaccurate - you're the only
one who can say that what you heard was or was not muddy!

I'm very glad *P Floding* quoted your post because otherwise I'd never
have seen it.  If you've got some inaccurate information, you could
always just edit it out but leave the rest of the post, rather than
deleting the post entirely... as I said, there was plenty of other
stuff in your post that was, IMHO, worth keeping!

Besides, I got the impression that your information was NOT "obviously
inaccurate," but rather that *P Floding* was simply providing some
clarification and counterpoint, not refuting your whole statement.

Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> In consumer-level devices I would seriously doubt whether it's a true
> analog bypass, but I can't be sure.
I suspect you're right, but it's still worth trying... after all, it's
just a button to push and some time to listen. =)

Thanks for your post, deleted or not! =)

--
cepheid