mark-e-mark Wrote:
> I'm using a Jameco product and heard a difference immediately.  My local
> parts store has plugs with wires already soldered in so I just cut off
> the one that came on the wallwart and spliced-- not soldered-- in the
> one with the correct dimensions.  I think the unit was $15 with
> shipping.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dqnxb
>
> I haven't found a table top unit I like and Cascade surplus is out of
> the open frame units.  I did find the ultimate no solder solution for
> the DC plug though:
>
> http://www.powerstream.com/dc-tips2.htm
> I checked the dimensions and these will work on the Jameco wallwart.

It's strange - the specs on that power supply say 100V at 50-60 Hz,
while all the others say 120 (which is the US standard).  It could be a
typo, but if it's not I'd be catious using it, as linear power supplies
can be quite sensitive to the input voltage.  In particular the output
voltage on the simplest linear converters can change in proportion to
the input, so you might be getting out 5 * (120/100) = 6V.

Have you measured the output and checked it's 5V?

--
opaqueice