Phil Leigh Wrote:
> Just to be clear - I can't hear the absolute phase switch on my system
> today - but I did hear the "pops and clicks" thing on vinyl...
>
> I'd like some pointers to  example reference CD's where a clear
> difference can be heard and a description of what the differences sound
> like so I can experiment further.

In my system, when everything is in very good order (contacts are
hugely important), hitting the "better" polarity (I won't say "right",
as I don't know if it is the correct in any sense) I get less of a
feeling of listening to a hifi, and less sense of listening to speakers
(I use dynamic ones, Yamaha NS-2000).

The difference is subtle if you listen for the wrong things, but pretty
obvious if you know what to listen for. It is more a change in the
totality of the soundstage, than anything that can be pinpointed. I
find that the "better" polarity makes me want to listen a lot more, and
the incorrect makes me lose interest much faster in the music. (So don't
expect huge differences at switch-over time, you need to let the music
go on for a while to give your brain time to build up a representation
of what it is hearing.)

--
P Floding