I, too, have a 360 and a squeezebox.  Aside from the issues already
mentioned:  sound quality, fan noise--boy is it loud, lack of display,
and awkward interface (I can't emphasize enough how poor the interface
is for music when compared to a squeezebox), there are other
limitations worth considering.

- The 360 won't synchronize with other 360's to provide whole-house
audio, nor any central way to control such a system.

- You'll either have to store all your music on the 360 or have a
windows PC on at all times to run windows media connect.  Slimserver
can run on a windows PC, small NAS devices, linux PCs, macs, take your
pick.  Or it can operate without a PC via squeezenetwork.

- I haven't explored it fully but I don't think the 360 can do internet
radio.  Interestingly, I've found I use this as much as, or perhaps even
more than my personal music collection.

- The 360 won't do Pandora.

- It was briefly mentioned, but it warrants expounding on:  the 360
doesn't support many file types.  I think only WMA and MP3 are
supported (probably wav, too?).  But certainly no flac, ogg, shorten,
AAC, or ALAC support.

- Slimserver offers a ton of flexible ways to interact with the server
and device.  The web interface offers anywhere-access, as well as
palm/pda/nokia770 control via a very slick interface (thanks to Ben
Klaas).  The CLI offers an installer an easy way to integrate the SB
into an AMX/Crestron system.

- Slimserver allows you to easily stream (with transcoding, if
necessary) to many types of devices, locally and remotely, enabling you
to more easily consolidate your music collection to a single, centrally
located, server.

All that being said, given the way I use my setup, I think that the
lack of a display on the 360 would be the single biggest reason why I
wouldn't part with my squeezebox.  I played with HTPC's for a while but
never realized just how important the display was until I got a
squeezebox.  I'll spontaneously put music on in the house much more
often than I ever did in my HTPC days.

--
azinck3