I have one of those nifty little Stax headphone sets which have always
been great with a portable music player.

However, on my SB3 there is always a horrible hum!

Now I dont use my SB3 analogue output from day to day, as it is linked
by coax to my DAC in my main system.

However now and again I wold like to move it & listen in bedroon via
'phones, but to be honest the hum makes it unlistenable.  It cant be a
hum loop problem (no earth connections!).  The headphone amp / supply
is battery powered.  However I happened to connect using a cable with a
metal plug & noticed that touching the plug eliminates the hum.

Anyone able to suggest a permanent solution...?

Thanks, Neale

--
ntom