If anybody's looking for one, I've got a regulated power supply and a
Topaz Ultra-isolator 1KVA isolation transformer up for sale on Ebay
(bids start at .01). Either made a big difference; the combo was very
nice indeed.

I liked the effect so much that I sprung for an Equitech 2RQ 20A
balanced power transformer. With that in place, though, using digital
out, I can't tell any difference between the linear power supply and
the wall wort, so I'm selling both the small isolation transformer and
the linear power supply.

I believe that part of difference people hear between different amps
and various tweaks is how good their power is. In a controlled
environment, with balanced, closely regulated power supplies, a lot of
differences between equipment go away. Put them in the real world,
however, and all sorts of differences appear.

--
markgwoodruff