I don't really understand this concept. How specifically can a DAC or
any component be specifically made for the SqueezeBox? Is this just a
case of really targeted marketing? Now, if you can isolate the I2S
lines on my SqueezeBox, and therefore, bypass the usual SPDIF receiver
(i.e. CS8416, etc.) and connect directly to the DAC chip, that would be
something interesting. As for specific components, I am designing a DAC
for my SqueezeBox, too! It will have CS8416->AD1896 (upsampled to 96
kHz) ->PCM1794. I'll let you all know when it's done, but I can
guarantee I won't be selling them. In fact, when I'm done with the
schematics I will post them in the DIY section.

--
ezkcdude

SB3->Derek Shek TDA1543/CS8412 NOS DAC->MIT Terminator 2
interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound
Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton
Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.