tomsi42 Wrote:
> This makes sense. The question then is: Is it this people hear when they
> are talking about correct phase?

Well, to me it doesn't seem likely.

First, I doubt that many music recordings have any DC offset.  Probably
if one appeared at some point it would be removed in the final stage of
digital processing.  Maybe someone with more experience in music
recording can answer that for sure - Phil?

Second, most (perhaps all) amplifiers remove DC, so even if it's in the
track it doesn't make it to the speakers.

Third, the effect I heard was there with the DC offset at zero, and
also (in a brief listen) wasn't affected when there was a non-zero DC
offset.

Fourth, from what I've seen on the web (and on this forum), there is
zero hard evidence anyone can hear absolute (or even relative) phases
*in music*, and several well-conducted blind tests have demonstrated
the contrary.  If a phenomenon doesn't exist, there's little need for
an explanation :-).

--
opaqueice