Howdy,

I try to avoid posting in this forum because audiophiles have (some
very good) arguments for why scientific data should not be the
end-all-be-all for listening quality, but I'm a scientific-method guy
and so I must point out that in ABX tests almost no one can tell the
difference between 48khz and 96khz especially at 24bits. See
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=40134 for
more info. The human ear simply isn't capible of determining the
difference and companies that say differently are typically trying to
sell you new "better" product.

There are -so- many possible areas for noise/interference to influence
the audio signal (even with high-end audio equipment) once its
converted to analog that maintaining a library at 96khz just isn't
worth it (in terms of components, storage and overally hassle) even for
audiophiles.

I'd bet (unscientifically) that your equipment is adding -way- more
"error" to what you are listening to than the difference between 96khz
and 48khz in the recording.

ss.

--
street_samurai