snarlydwarf Wrote:
> Well I'm of the school that believes it should be a crime to sell
> WEP-only stuff.  The only people it stops are people who don't download
> netstumbler.  That's like selling locks and telling people this is
> 'security' when the only security is "well, the burglars do have to
> turn the knob to get in!"...
>
> It's not a question of dumbing down.. it's selling broken protocols as
> "security".  Call it "this feature may slightly annoy an intruder" and
> be honest.
>
> (And, yes, the WPA support was one of the reasons I chose the
> Squeezebox over everything else. :P)

I find the attitude to wireless security quiet interesting particuarly
the obssesion with encryption.

Surely if you secure your wireless network by turning off SSID
broadcasts and only allowing approved mac addresses access to your
network,then not only is secure but more efficient as
encryption/de-encription reduces available bandwith.

--
repman