I agree - we really need a reasonably priced "fully loaded" official
"SB+" and some favourable reviews to blow the whole upmarket CDP sector
wide-open.

However - and I know this isn't where SD are at - to really make this a
mass market revolution we'd need to get rid of the dependency on an
external computer and its CD drive - let's have a one-box
"SB with display, integral hard disk + usb/firewire i/f for more disks
+ integral cd rom for ripping + eac, tag editor etc pre-installed +
easy method of updating the box over lan/wi-fi (including internet
connectivity) for new server/firmware updates, plugins, complementary
apps etc + a wide variety of control options  - remote, pda etc etc +
audiophile connections, PSU, DAC and so forth"

...would be a killer. In fact, thinking again, it should come with a
Marantz/Philips style programmable wi-fi 2-way "super remote"/PDA
hybrid - that's the SONOS gone then...

Basically, what many of us have partially (or totally?) built ourselves
but condensed into a single audiophile-shaped box that is the hub of an
SB-system. A bit like the Linn Kivor but much better (and cheaper!).

...oh and if it could rip, upscale to 1080i/p and stream bit-perfect
DVD's over HDMI that would be nice...

"All I have to do is dream, dream, dream"

--
Phil Leigh