Roy2001 Wrote:
> BTW, at this time, I plan to use coax cable to connect SB3 to an
> external DAC. My question is, do I really need to mod it? Which kind of
> mod do you recommend?

This is something that only you can answer.  You're the one who will be
listening to the device.  Let me say this:  I have a mid-level system,
am an amateur audio engineer, and think of myself as discriminating in
the audio field.  I feel no compulsion to mod my units.  I enjoy them
perfectly the way they are.  If I were to upgrade I'd be sinking money
into my speakers long before I ever touched the SB.  There are other
folks, however, who would not be able to enjoy their SB's as they do
without having modded them.  Buy one and see how it sounds.  If you
feel compelled to mod, then by all means mod.

--
azinck3