extenso Wrote:
> From reading a lot of opinions on the subject, it seems to me that
> high-end systems benefit most from including an external DAC. I guess
> my gear is somewhat midrange: Cambridge 640A amplifier, System Audio
> 1750 speakers, and, of course, the SB3, which is the reason I began to
> read about DACĀ“s. My music source is an iMac with ALAC files feeding
> the wired SB3. Anyone experiencing significant better sound (whatever
> that is...) with a DAC feeding a reasonably good mid-level system?

No. If you don't have a superior external DAC into whatever you are
plugging the coax into then use the RCA outs and use the internal SB
DAC, it is of excellent quality. You're worrying over something that
will in all probability make no audible difference whatsoever in your
system IMO.

The best thing about having an external DAC is that you can buy yet
another component, have more interconnects, show if off to people and
brag about it.

BB

P.S. I'm probably not going to be very popular on the audiophile forum,
but I'm gonna tell the truth as I see it. There's a lot of snake oil
around here, fortunately none of it from Slim Devices!

--
buddhabreath