Phil, I hope your wife is back by now, and I hope the cats are still
pissed :)

I have the Tact still here in the house, been playing with it to get
used to it, see if it is really for me. No doubt it improves the
clarity, and I smile big when I hit the preset. But it seems to add
some kind of psycho mind tricks which make me feel a little weird when
I am listening to it. I feel like I have to concentrate on the music
just a little bit more in order to get into it, it is not as easy-going
pure soulconnection as straight to the amp. In bypass mode I can hear
the preamp "being there" in line, it definitely has a sound. Highs are
not as crystalline in bypass or running a preset as straight into my
tube amp, or even straight into the NuForce9SEs.

The dealer originally setup one of those target curves included with
the software, which rolls the highs down by -10 at 20k, and I knew that
didn't sound right, so I ran some new cals today, with same kind of
target, but I bumped up the highs to be co-linear with the mids, just
ran it straight out to 20k, slight slant down to the right. The bass
has a 2-3dB bump. I found this to be pleasant to listen to, but nowhere
near as impactful and exciting as the pure FLAT curve! That program
really sounded good. It still has the weird psych feel though, like I
am listening through someone elses ears or something. Maybe I should be
buzzed when I use this thing? Maybe it is like new glases, It takes a
little while for the brain to adjust to the new (artificial)
environment.

I am more excited about it now that I have found a target that I think
actually sounds good. Have any of you Tact guys ever tried flat? I
guess to each his own, given equipment, room differences..
Thanks
Rich

--
richidoo