Who cares about the in's and out's.... Im listening to music again for
hours on end and thats all that matters!

listening to battery powered kit (including my laptop) has been a
revelation and would be worth 10 car batterys in the living room.. dont
knock it till youve tried it.

It may be that I didnt run in the SB long enough! but with the
migraines and my wifes complaints it certainly seemed long enough to
me.   Again  who cares now that ive found a solution that suits me.

The Hagerman converter knocks my soundcard into a cocked hat.. which
after all was only bought for its SPDIF capabilities in the first
place. Btw I never listened at 48khz, all options were switched off
including sampling options.. default was 44.1k

Thank god for individuality...im sure you all agree  :)

Jack.

--
Lyonesse