Thanks for responses guys.  I did think about posting this in the DIY
forum, but wasn't really asking about mod itself.  Thought there would
be more folk here who have had their units professionally modded by
Bolder/Red Wine who could comment.

Triode,thanks for tip.  I may just lift it and scan through some radio
streams to see what i get.

Nelamvr6, the mod makes a small improvement to jitter.  see Sean's post
here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=15882&highlight=12.28

My primary concern is getting the best from my own music collection and
the mod is quite easy.  I expect the benefits it brings to be minor
compared to the other mods I'm planning. So I'm trying to get a feel
the tradeoffs.

thanks

--
parrydave