Ali-M Wrote:

> I'm probably the only one here to give the design some criticism. What
> do you guys think about the design?

I did pass comment on the general forum in one of the threads.

I actually don't like it that much. Too many buttons and why two
displays? It adds to the cost and a serious audiophile would switch
them off when listening to music, they're a distraction and potential
source of audio degredation (in an audiophile's mind at least).

I'd have preferred a much simpler looking transport with a great
graphical remote because it better matches how I listen to music. I
don't like squinting across the room trying to see the display from my
sofa and visualizers are a novelty, completely out of place on a
serious bit of audiophile kit. They may be cool at geek shows, but
seriously bad at HiFi shows, they remind people of nasty Far Eastern
receivers and naff car stereos.

Unfortunately, I may well at this point switch to Sonus, which is a
real shame because I have been a Slim supporter for a long time, but
this new product simply doesn't match my requirements. It has a load of
features in it that I'll never use (twin displays, buttons, knobs, DAC),
and that extra stuff doesn't improve audio quality or usability and
don't want to pay for it.

Just because you can do all those things with the processor, doesn't
mean you should. Minimalism is the key for me and I think Slim have
lost direction a bit here, there is simply too much superfluous eye
candy going on.

Paul

--
CardinalFang

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...