dean Wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2006, at 2:06 PM, PhilNYC wrote:
> > Hey Sean...any story behind the name "Transporter"?  Hope you didn't
> > name it after that movie... ;-)
>
> Actually, my wife came up with that one in a late night brainstorming
>
> session, just listing out words that have something to do with moving
>
> things around.
>
> At the time she didn't know the the use of the word "transport" in
> the audio domain, but she IS a Star Trek fan.  (Picard & Janeway, not
>
> Kirk.)
>
> Having an English major in the house is useful.  I think she knows
> all the words.

My thought went to being transported to another place by listening to
music. Especially on a high-end system.

When the sound is at its best I can actually shut down my visual
perception (with eyes still open) just by listening! (Anyone else had
this experience?)

Anyway, I like the name for its many meanings!

--
P Floding