Hi Colin,

Having bought one of Patrick's SB+s I can categorically say that the
weak link you need to deal with is the SB itself.  As good as it is it
can be significantly improved through modification or the addition of
an external DAC (witness the launch of the Transporter).

I also use Foobar2000 with the Secret Rabbit upsampling code
(upsampling to 88.2KHz) so can also offer that I dont think upsampling
will answer your prayers.

Looking at the kit you list I would strongly recommend either an SB+ or
an external DAC (I didn't try the Benchmark route so cant comment)

Cables, too much voodoo!

Replacement Power supply, cheap enough, give it a go but it wont make
the improvement your system merits.

Regards

Chris

--