> In short: go for it -- run that SB3 straight to the amp! Don't worry
> about attenuation! Save some money! Enjoy the music!

I don't disagree, however I feel more comfortable with the attenuators
since they are relatively cheap and a software glitch could be
uncomfortable. My redundant preamp volume control hardly got to 9am
without attenuators. So I guess it would depend on your amp.

Slimserver > Squeezebox > Amp > Speakers is a pretty simple setup. I
made the mosfet amp and speakers so price is quite modest although
price is not a big issue (yet). I have some new speakers on order. The
system has never sounded better and the Squeezebox is addictive - it's
been on random play all day.

Sleepy - DRC fascinates me for some reason. I will tell you how I go. I
am waiting on a microphone at the moment.

Steve

--
stevo