GreenMan Wrote:
> Why would you try to play as loud as possible? Wouldn't that
> artificially generate echo that wouldn't otherwise be there at ordinary
> listening volume? Wouldn't that skew the results for equalization at
> listening volume? (Alas, I'm no longer a teenager. Max volume is not
> ordinary listening anymore :-) )

You want it loud to improve signal/noise, which is the major issue
here.  A loud sound won't artificially generate anything - the room
response should be very close to linear in the volume, and in any case
if there are significant non-linearities you can forget about RC - it
won't work.

--
opaqueice