OK Guys! Having caused such a stir with the 63 tweak, a good friend on
another Forum (Thanks D) suggested another, and after two nights with
it, I subjectively sense a lower noise floor.  Although this new tweak
is not nearly as beneficial as the fixed S/PDIF level and 63 Tweak
(which took the SB3 from downright unlistenable to enjoyable in my
system - though not yet equal to my DVD Transport/DIP) this one
certainly can't hurt, and is very logical. The display LCD adds
additional load to the Power Supply and when the circuit to drive it is
active, as well as the LCD itself, there is more electrical noise and
activity within the SB3 when playing music than necessary.  So - this
is the tweak:

Set the "Display" option in Player settings for "Idle" to "Zero", so
that when music is playing, the LCD display is automatically turned
COMPLETELY off, and only comes back on temporarily when the Remote is
used. Let me know what you find.......

Robert.

--
Robbymagman